1.Solo Konzert von John Lennon am 13.September 1969 in Toronto/Kanada








Event: Rock and Roll Revival


Ort: Varsity Stadium

Plätze: 20,000

Concert Promoters: John Brower and Ken Walker

Konzert Gesamtlänge: 13 Stunden u.a. mit:
The Doors

Plastic Ono Band

Bo Diddley

Chicago Transit Authority

Tony Joe White

Alice Cooper

Jerry-Lee Lewis

Chuck Berry

Cat Mother & the All Night Newsboys

Gene Vincent

Junior Walker & The All-Stars

Little Richard

Doug Kershaw

Screaming Lord Sutch

Nucleus

Milkwood

Tony Joe White


Whiskey Howl



JOHN LENNON: "Well, it was late, about 11 o'clock one Friday night, I was in my office at Apple, when we got a phone call from this guy saying, 'Come to Toronto'. They really were inviting us as King and Queen to preside over the concert and not to play. But I didn't hear that part and I said, 'OK. OK. Just give me time to get a band together.' So, I thought, 'Who could I get to come and play with me?' So it all happened like. We left the next morning."


Keine Kommentare:

Let it Be am 8 Mai auf Disney+

  Disney+ gab bekannt, dass „Let It Be“, der Originalfilm von Regisseur Michael Lindsay-Hogg aus dem Jahr 1970 über die Beatles, am 8. Mai 2...